Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Convert You Tube video for use in PowerPoint

I was working on this lesson I have to do tomorrow at a school I'm observing/helping at when I thought it would be great to do a PowerPoint as a cue set. The lesson is for a "Read 180" class (remedial reading help) and we are working on summarizing. The reading for the lesson is an excerpt from a textbook on child labor. So I find this great video clip on YouTube and am getting ready to put the presentation together when I remember I need to convert the file before I can insert it.

Luckily, Suzy Cox (Instructional Media) found a way to do this. I went back to the blog she had for our class (Fall 2007) and found the link. She may have and even better way to do it now, but here is the way I learned to do it. The instructions are pretty clear. If any of you are in her current class, and she's got a better way to convert them now, post it.

How to Embed YouTube video in PowerPoint

No comments: