Monday, October 26, 2009

CUWP Tom Romano

Hey--don't know if this is still up and going, but I thought I'd post just the same. Last Saturday I had the opportunity to attend the Central Utah Writing Project's Saturday Workshop with Tom Romano. If the name sounds familiar it's because Loraine Wallace quoted him extensively in Methods 1 & 3. Think back to her ideas on multi-genre projects--it's Romano's brainchild.

It was a a hands on, or should I say, pencil to paper workshop. Not only did he teach us about student writing, we wrote ourselves! We moved through a possible writing unit's assignments ourselves to get s feel for what to teach. It was super!

So here is a plug for the Central Utah Writing Project. Go to their WEBSITE and check it out. I highly recommend the classes they offer. Plus it gets us together, writing and sharing.

3 comments:

Lacking Productivity said...

Thanks!

It is good to hear from you. Where are you at now? What are you up to?

RilleneN said...

I'm at Spanish Fork Junior teaching 3 pods of "Sevies." Of all the JH kids I like them the best--still unsullied :) You are at AFH I presume. Sounds like it's been a hard year already. Is Melissa there? Anyone else? I sawBen last week at a Nebo Induction class we both had to go to. He's moved to Salem Hills and is teaching the same classes you did last year--journalism, 11th & 12th graders. He says he doesn't like Brit Lit. Korrianne is teaching part time at Springville Jr. I saw her the other day too.

Lacking Productivity said...

How fun that you guys are close enough to catch each other every now and then.

I am still at AF, and it has been a great year. It was pretty sad around here for a couple weeks, but things are getting back to normal.

Melissa is up here too. It was drama drama drama with both of us trying to get jobs here. She didn't get hers until June, after they fired the intern that they were hiring. They opened up a new, full-time spot that she got, and we were both thrilled.