Thursday, September 4, 2008

So, In Walk Four Men....



Have any of you had your "visit" yet? On Wednesday during my second period class, in walk four men and begin to observe, arms folded, very intent. They are:
Dr. Allred--UVU
Mr. Muckity-muck Somebody (his boss)--UVU
My Principal
The Assistant District Superintendent over Secondary Ed. for Nebo

Now, I already have this "dry mouth in the morning" problem going on. I drink like two bottles of water before lunch every day (we won't discuss the other repercussions of that). I'm doing a guided reading with my class helping them find context clues in a short story, so I'm feeling the dryness big time--THEN they walk in.

Can I just say Holy Crap?

Saliva glands totally shut down. Tongue must have swelled right up in my mouth. I can barely articulate a word. Then I look back down to see where I'm supposed to be in the story and I see the words, "the damn capitalists."

Yes... I read them. I figured I'd get a call from the district or the principal or UVU by the end of the day.
I'm still in the classroom.

So how are your weeks going?

4 comments:

Mrs. Gibbons said...

I didn't have 4 people walk in....Geesh! I would have had heart attack. But, I had one of the Language Arts directors from the District pop in and observe for a second. She's so nice though, there's no way you could be afraid of her.

RilleneN said...

I was wondering if this was just a Nebo thing or what. I got an e-mail a couple days before that meeting at school saying Dr. Allred would be stopping buy sometime. I didn't think he'd have an entourage.

Had my first supervisor visit as well. Kay came on Friday. I felt kinda bad there wasn't much to see--I was conferencing with my kids on their journals and a writing assignment they are doing. Has Lorraine been to see you guys yet?

Mrs. Gibbons said...

Not yet. I am thinking she will come in this week. We'll be finishing up "Beowulf" this week. Hopefully it will go really well. It makes me nervous though. Hopefully she doesn't come during B1...I have 32 students and only 31 seats. :)

Lacking Productivity said...

Geez...I would have flipped!